[Bf-committers] New patch: Add make python console and info display respect user DPI preferences.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 08:54:52 CEST 2012

Hi, tested the patch and I think the point of this being a quick hack
is missed :changing 72 -->  to U.dpi is of course simple, but when I
tried the patch I noticed vertical line spacing & selection in the
console doesn't look quite right (it needs adjusting too).

A part of making these easy changes is to double check they work 100%
and making sure theres no annoying glitches remaining.

So I'll hold of on applying these changes until the console spacing
issue is resolved.

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Reed Koser <srkoser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Julien Enche: Sorry about that! I didn't even see your patch. Though, to be
> honest I didn't look. Really sorry! Have to remember to do that next time...
>
> Campbell Barton: Now I see what you mean about the mono_font_render thing.
> I just assumed that for whatever reason you were switching between using
> just mono_font and mono_font_render in the UI drawing... My bad on not
> checking. Should I submit an updated patch that changes this?
>
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:57 AM, Julien Enche <julien.enche at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I've already submitted such a patch, see patch #30640.
>>
>> 2012/4/20 Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
>>
>> > Thanks for looking into this.
>> >
>> > Checking the patch, it changes the render font size
>> (blf_mono_font_render),
>> > AFAIK you really don't want to do this - since BKE_stamp_buf() uses
>> > the render font, which needs to use the same size font everywhere,
>> > irrespective of the user preference.
>> > Otherwise rendering an animation with stamp on multiple systems could
>> > flicker at different sizes per frame.
>> >
>> > Was there somewhere this is needed to display correctly?

>> and
>> "quick

>> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=30992&group_id=9&atid=127

>> > --