[Bf-committers] collisions detection without gameengine

P2sta p2sta at atlas.cz
Wed Apr 18 18:03:29 CEST 2012

Thank you guys!

I checked the BulletDev and as Sergej said, there is nothing for
collisions right now and it is something really different from what I
think I need atm.

What I need is to check for collisions between objects without runing
the game engine.
I make a python script for detecting collisions between boxed-looking
bounding boxes, but it work slow and only it is accurate only for simple
objects.
Now I need is to make a check between really complex objects. I did
tried it to detect it in the game engine and it works really great, it's
fast and accurate. But I need to start the game engine, which is not needed.

I would like to have a possibility to edit the binarier somehow, so I
can do collisions detection without starting the game engine. I though
it will be easy, just take few lines from the game engine and put them
somewhere else. But I'm looking at the files for more then two weeks now
and I can't find anythnig useful. I'm really new into C/C++ it may be my
problem.

Have a nice day,
Zbynek