[Bf-committers] collisions detection without gameengine

P2sta p2sta at atlas.cz
Wed Apr 18 11:59:57 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm working on my diploma work and I'm in need of detecting collision in
blender without starting the game engine.

  I set a game logic to check for collisions, but I need to start the
game engine to make the actual detection, which is unneeded.
  My teacher said to me I can edit the source code to make acces to the
bullet physics directly without the game engine (I need just the
collosions) so
  I get the binaries, but I'm pretty lost in where to start and what do
I need to edit. I did searched through most of the bullet physics files,
but didin't find anything yet. I'm new to c/c++ but I can learn fast.

I would like to keep it the way that I set the game logic and just call
lets say bpy.ops.scene.detect_collisions() and I will get a list of
colliding objects, if that's even possible.

So, I would like to ask if you have some ideas that could help me.

  Thank you in advance for any help!
  Zbynek Hlava

P.S. sorry for any grammer mistakes, English is not my nativ language