[Bf-committers] Nodes auto hide sockets on collapsed nodes

Bartek Skorupa bartekskorupa at bartekskorupa.com
Mon Apr 16 11:45:18 CEST 2012

In my opinion auto-hide should be reverted as a first step and it
should be done before even beginning of thinking about what the target
behavior should be.
Now it is so that users lost some really crucial functionality without
getting anything but "nicer look" in return.
This "nicer look" can be achieved very easily with "good old" behavior
by simply hitting Ctl-H.

Let me quote Ton:

On 2012-04-10, at 09:47, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> I would like to see such usability changes in nodes to go via at
> least the other listed node UI owners too.
>
> For me huge alarm bells ring when people talk about "adding options"
> or "giving users choices". That's usually just patching flawed
> designs...
>
> Remove the autohide for now? We should spend design powers on how we
> want to work with node systems in general.
>
> -Ton-

Regards

Bartek Skorupa

www.bartekskorupa.com