[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes, 15 april 2012

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 15 17:20:25 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Here's the notes from today's IRC meeting.

1) Blender 2.63 release

- New test build is online since yesterday:
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.63/

- A long review of status was being discussed, especially related to stability (loads of bug reports) and BMesh. A proposal to make an official Release Candidate this week didn't get enough support.

- Accepted proposal: we wait for the main bug fixers Sergey/Campbell/Brecht to give in majority green signals, then we make an RC build immediate. This might happen within a week, we'll check next sunday again.

- Release log needs work, for BMesh especially!
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.63

- Thomas Dinges updated the project schedule:
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

2) other projects

- Daniel Genrich accepted a Development Fund job on improving smoke simulation, especially for animated objects inside domains.

- 'Tiles' composite project is a target for Blender 2.64 (still :).

- Sergey Sharybin checks on greenscreen keying (nodes) improvements, Bob Holcomb will check on this too.

3) Google Summer of Code

- Deadline for reviews is this friday. Monday after the announcement will happen.

Thanks,

-Ton-