[Bf-committers] 3DsMax editable poly like toolset

Gustav Göransson gustav.goransson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 23:21:29 CEST 2012

I don't think 3ds's editable poly is a good reference. It won't make
sense to have mesh tools accessible through a modifier like in 3ds
max. I think it's better to utilize blenders current mesh tools in
combination with some sort of mesh layers (maybe as a modifier).

I guess what you're really is after is non-destructive modeling. For
this, Softimage (see link below) and Houdini is far more superior.
However implementing something similar would be a huge project...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7vUjUwaYgM