[Bf-committers] Nodes auto hide sockets on collapsed nodes

Bartek Skorupa bartekskorupa at bartekskorupa.com
Sun Apr 8 23:15:49 CEST 2012

If I understand you correctly you mean not being able to select
individual socket and connect to the selected one?
If so - I've been fighting for bringing this feature back for some
time now.
In 2.49 we could simply select the output socket of one node, input
socket of another node, hit F and BAM - connection created.
Now it's gone.
Imagine node group with 17 outputs and another node group with 17
inputs.
Let's now connect output 7 of first group to input 16 of second group...
You have to drag the connection holding down the mouse button.
It's ok when your groups are placed close to each other, but that's
not always the case.

or:

We have Render Layer input node with several passes.
Let's connect AO pass to 5 inputs of 5 other nodes.
It would be great to be able to select AO output socket then shift
select ALL of the inputs, hit F and have all 5 connections.

and once again: Please, please, please don't force me to unhide every
node to make a connection by auto hiding unused sockets in collapsed
nodes.
What was wrong with leaving the option to the user? If I really wanted
to hide unused sockets I could hit Ctl-H.

Bartek Skorupa

www.bartekskorupa.com