[Bf-committers] Procedural generation for summer of code!

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Sat Apr 7 14:54:37 CEST 2012

I could definitely see some use for a system like this!

Basically what it sounds like to me is node-based mesh construction macros (which sounds quite awesome!).
Even just being able to edit the properties of a primitive/ generator object after doing another operation sounds like a very useful feature to me.

The strength of this to me is the fact that it's not use-case specific, as Lukas mentioned.

I'm guessing it will need quite a bit of fleshing out and coordination with the dev team (i.e.: What to record/ support, how to handle unsupported actions such as mesh edits, etc), but I very much like the general idea of it.

Also, I think an interest for something like macros has been expressed before, so might be worth looking that up (could be wrong on this though).

Good luck!
-Patrick