[Bf-committers] Procedural generation for summer of code!

Lukas Tönne lukas.toenne at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 7 08:03:42 CEST 2012

I agree with Patrick here. Specialized scripts for generating ivy or
houses or cities or spaceships are great when you need them, but they
don't really belong into the core code. They just increase code size,
add maintenance burden on core devs and are not of much use in most
projects other than the one they were made for. The ocean sim is
already close to being too specialized for trunk (acceptable though,
since we don't have a means of integrating such highly optimized
modifier code from addons currently, and the topic is still used quite
often).