[Bf-committers] Improving Blender's keymap: a proposal

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Sat Apr 7 03:20:27 CEST 2012

I feel like we are still miscommunicating.

It sounds like your setup is:
Stylus tip = LMB
Hold down side-button-1 + stylus tip = MMB
Hold down side-button-2 + stylus tip = RMB

In other words, you use the side buttons as _modifiers_ for the tip of
the stylus.  Holding them down changes the meaning of the tip.

Whereas my setup (and the default on Linux) is:
Stylus tip = LMB
Side-button-1 = MMB
Side-button-2 = RMB

The side buttons in this case are buttons unto themselves, they are
_not_ modifiers for the stylus tip.  All I do is click a side button,
and it acts as a mouse button click.  No need to tap the stylus tip to
the tablet at all.

Does that make sense?

So with the setup I use, MMB and RMB have no pressure sensitivity,
because they have absolutely nothing to do with the tip of the stylus
where the pressure sensitivity is.

--Nathan