[Bf-committers] Improving Blender's keymap: a proposal

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:12:52 CEST 2012

A basic idea is to find what is used most often and then make those
keys the most easy to type, remembering the rule of one hand on the
mouse at all times.

Finding the most used commands might be done by writing a recorder
that is mode aware and then letting a large group of pros/advanced
users use it. Once you get the data then you have a great starting
place when it comes to deciding what is important and often used VS
commands that are almost never used.

Also keys with mnemonics are good. G=Grab etc.

Really odd commands that are seldom used with hotkeys like
alt-ctrl-shift B, are almost useless. You forget them, if you even do
know when and why to use them.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!