[Bf-committers] On Format Woes

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:06:58 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Andrew Hunter <andrew at aehunter.net> wrote:
> OpenColorIO already supports the F65 via Academy IIF-ACES (Image
> Interchange Framework - Academy Color Encoding Space) workflow[3].
> Included in that are the academy approved transforms for the F65. This
> is an opportunity for Blender to be at the forefront of supporting the
> latest advances in digital cinematography. Further information on ACES
> is available from here[4].

Just an FYI. I've already explored packaging OpenColorIO for Fedora
and all that really remains is to get a couple of bundled libraries
out and use the system libraries instead. The bundled libraries issue
is pretty much taken care of but they wanted to make sure the tests
were updated so that serialization was properly checked to protect
interoperability between different systems and distros.

Thanks,
Richard