[Bf-committers] Procedural generation for summer of code!

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Thu Apr 5 12:04:17 CEST 2012

I'm not an official developer, but I think this kind of stuff would be better of as an add-on. I know the point of where a line should be drawn has come up before (generators for trees, cars, boats, cities, spaceships, ...) and whether or not such functionality belongs in the Blender source. I haven't read any of those papers yet, but I'm guessing a Python add-on would be sufficient and better suited for it's purposes.
Also, as Douglas pointed out, we already have a tree generator add-on (called 'sapling').

-Patrick