[Bf-committers] Alternate Proposal - Meta-Sculpting

jonathan d p ferguson jdpf.plus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 06:00:13 CEST 2012

hi.

Jason:

Meta-Sculpting is a very interesting idea, both in the simplified "retain brush stroke input" and in a form closer to the implicit canvas. As an observer, I would like to comment that retaining brush stroke input is valuable information, and can lead to many interesting possibilities. A couple of ideas that occurred to me when reading your proposal included:

* Animations could be expressed with a series of gestural strokes, instead of only keyframes. Do such systems already exist outside of research papers? [1] (I'm not talking about gestures in 3D Object mode [2].)

* Record brush-strokes as they're drawn, and then animate all or selections of recorded strokes later. In my cursory research, only a few tools perform this function in 2D. Are there any that do this in 3D?

Very interesting. Good luck!

Thanks.

have a day.yad
jdpf