[Bf-committers] Procedural generation for summer of code!

Trevin Forkert trevin.forkert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 02:57:00 CEST 2012

As a user, I would be happy to see procedural trees back. There used to be
a script for Blender 2.4 called "Trees from Curves" that worked a bit like
what is described in that Disney paper. You could rough out the overall
shape with curves and then add twigs and branches with bounding volumes. As
far as I know, this hasn't been ported over to work with Blender 2.6.