[Bf-committers] "Nodifying" the logic editor for GSoC

Spencer Alves impiaaa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 06:25:30 CEST 2012

Hi,
I'm a student wishing to apply for Google Summer of Code. I've been
using Blender for some time, and have written one add-on for it (well,
working on it: https://github.com/impiaaa/blender-ldraw ). I'm
particularly interested in one of the ideas on the ideas list, using the
node editor to replace the current logic editor. It sounds like a useful
addition to the program and something I could complete in the allotted
time. I've read the article on it (
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/GameEngine/NodalLogic ),
and I'm not sure about some of the details. For example, it states that
the existing node system can be reused, but it goes on to list major
changes that would have to be made, which seems contradictory. I also
don't see anywhere the name of the volunteering mentor. So, is it really
a realistic undertaking?
Thank you,
-Spencer