[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [45305] trunk/blender/source/blender/bmesh /operators/bmo_dupe.c: Minor code cleanups for bmo_dupe.c.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 11:26:14 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Nicholas Bishop
<nicholasbishop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, I had thought we always put if/for/while/switch opening brace on
> the same line as the conditional. I don't care either way either, but
> if it's something you feel strongly about then the coding style doc
> should probably be more explicit on this point, e.g. add section on
> braces that mentions opening braces go on same line, except with
> multi-line conditionals.

Good point, will add.

> Regarding <120 column lines, I know the style doc specifies 120
> columns as the max, but is there objection to splitting further where
> convenient? I try to keep most of my code down to 80 columns, since
> that's pretty standard everywhere, and I can put multiple source
> buffers side-by-side. Again, don't mind changing it if you don't like
> this?

Understand, I do side-by-side editing too (but manage 120 width with a
wide-screen & small font).

Only problem with doing this at 80 lines is I think this affects too
much of our code - so either its done by authors for files where its
not too annoying, or we end up with MANY lines broken up :S.

Put differently - I would really not want 80 chars applied to _all_
BMesh code, but for limited cases like this Im not too fussed. - If
its an area of BMesh you maintain for eg and want this - I dont have
any problems with this.

> I can commit these edits back tomorrow, unless you get there first :)
>
> -Nicholas

- Campbell