[Bf-committers] patch tracker

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 00:28:25 CEST 2012

Mike,

My comments might have seemed a bit off topic, but I do think the current
design hurts the review process as well.

Assume I submit 5 patches, four of which are unsuitable.  The good one gets
accepted and disappears, while the bad ones might get a comment or two, but
they don't get *removed* so they continue to clutter up the list and push
potentially good patches at the bottom of the list onto the next page where
they are less likely to get reviewed.  Similarly we have patches in the
list that have their descriptions changed to add "CHANGES REQUESTED" OR
"NEEDS CORRECTION".  These also need to remain visible to the authors, but
be removed from the list of open patches.

Harley