[Bf-committers] Bump maps flip

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:55:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

Because of history question black and white colors in bump maps were
flipped in Blender so white used to mean concavity, black used to mean
salience. Now it was flipped so white means salience and black means
concavity.

We suspended this change for before 2.60 but now it's time for this
change. I've wrote code which flips normal factor for files created in
Blender before this change, so this change shouldn't hurt render result.

But some issues are known: if you now open file saved by current trunk
in, say, Blender 2.59, you'll have wrong render result in 2.59. You can
do everything needed in 2.59, save file and open it it current trunk and
render result should be fine again.

Let me know if some special cases are still wrong and it'll be fixed.

Thanks to Morten for patch and Ton for finishing this patch.

--
With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin