[Bf-committers] Interface - arrows in dropdown menu

Francesco Siddi francesco.siddi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:50:20 CEST 2011

Hello!

Thanks for your replies.

On 19 September 2011 23:54, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a big difference between the dropdown menus that have and don't
> have arrows. Dropbox menus that allow for name searching (e.g. Scene,
> Materials, ... all datablocks maybe others?) don't have arrows.

I see your point, but the original reason for their removal was just because
of excessive clutter inside the buttons (I think brecht did the commit), not
the one you mention, which actually makes sense:)

I like the small arrows you propose. But arrows everywhere I don't think is
> necessary/good. It's quite consistent right now if I may say.

I don't know what the final decision is going to be, but please take into
consideration this alternative solution: shrinking the buttons, in order to
avoid much padding on the right.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=18251

Best regards,

Francesco