[Bf-committers] UV Distortion on Image load

Domino Marama domino at dominodesigns.info
Wed Sep 21 10:00:41 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 17:34 -0500, Jonathan Williamson wrote:
> True, however that's only possible if you are currently unwrapping the model. In the case of an imported model that already has unwrapped UVs present then there's nothing you can do. Or am I missing something?

As the UV layout points are from 0.0 to 1.0 of the image, I see the
current behaviour as correct. I'd think the opposite way to you if
that my nice 0.0 to 1.0 layout now went from 0.25 to 0.75 or some such
nonsense.

The major problem with rescaling the UVs after loading an image is how
the divide sign is handled. I'd expect to be able to enter "s <x
pixels>/<y pixels>" and then limit to Y to revert to a square UV layout.
However for some reason, typing the divide sign forces the ratio to
1/<typed number> so you have to divide the x pixels by y pixels manually
and enter that number..

Best Wishes,
Domino