[Bf-committers] Texture Paint/Sculpt Usability & Features Proposal

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:49:47 CEST 2011

I would strongly suggest getting in Contact with Jason Wilkins.  He has been
difficult to get in touch with lately, but I believe he has addressed a
number of these issues in his 'onion' gsoc branch.  There are a number of
issues preventing a lot of testing of his branch, but he did do a lot of
unification work between texture paint and sculpt mode, so they should both
have a more well rounded functionality.  He supposedly did a lot of
background cleanup and organization in those areas so it should be much
easier to add new tools within his code rather than trunk.  Looking forward
to seeing the result from this.  I too have been doing a lot of
sculpting/texture painting and there are definitely some major slowdowns in
the current workflow.

-Sean