[Bf-committers] Fully qualified names for channels in actions?

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:35:47 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Nathan Vegdahl <cessen at cessen.com> wrote:
>> can't you just parent all 3 objects to
>> an empty and animate that?
>
> He is not talking about all 3 objects moving identically, or even
> identically with an offset.
>
> Rather, he is talking about the 3 objects having (potentially) fully
> independent motion from each other, but all stored in the same action.
>  In other words, he's asking for actions to be able to contain more
> than one object's animation at a time, in the same way that actions
> can contain more than one bone's animation at a time.
>--

Would it be easily possible to make actions contain actions or to have
a container action? Might this help? If I am understanding this
problem correctly it is more about display and easily working with it
that it is about not being able to do it with many actions. So if one
action was the container for many more within it, that should keep the
display uncluttered and easy workable. They would then be expandable
with the rotating triangles just like the object view. You could also
perhaps effect all the sub-actions by changing the parent action, in a
way like parenting works for objects. You could also work the NLA by
just referencing the parent action.

Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: