[Bf-committers] Addon bug reports

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Tue Sep 20 04:25:27 CEST 2011

Hey everyone,
I am getting increasingly frustrated that Rigify bugs are being
reported as comments on the same damn bug report:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=469&aid=25546&group_id=153

I notice that in all included Blender addons (including Rigify) there
is a "report a bug" link that points to an individual report such as
this, which I presume is what's causing users to simply append their
own bugs to this single bug report.  As a maintainer this is extremely
frustrating because it means I cannot manage Rigify's bug reports
properly (i.e. there are no real reports, just comments).

I want to check if this is the intended behavior for users to take
when reporting addon bugs.  If not, then I will simply close the
report and include an explanation for them to file new reports for
their bugs.  On the other hand, if it is the intended behavior for
users to take... why?  It makes me far more apt to miss reports,
forget that I haven't already fixed something, etc.  And it is
hair-pullingly frustrating to not have the satisfaction of marking
something as fixed after I fix it.

--Nathan V