[Bf-committers] Issues with Garlic Branch

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 10:46:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thomas Dinges wrote:
> Hey,
> I tested a bit, some things I noticed:
>
> -Enable International Fonts in the User Preferences
>
> 1) Although Interface and Tooltips is disabled, some enums already translated, for example the 3D View mode menu. I guess this is because those buttons are not using the Layout Engine/ RNA.
Yes, noticed this issue this night but it was really late at night so
didn't want to fix it. Problem that this menus are "hardcoded" -- they
aren't using RNA at all and it's just bunch of sprintf with
gettext("blahblah") which produces string to create menu. It's really
easy to fix.
> 2) Same as above (Interface and Tooltips off) The Panel Names look odd, like " i  e sio s" instead of "Dimensions"  (Render Buttons)
It's strange. Probably windows-related issue, can test it a bit later.
Can't reproduce issue on linux. Which language produces this problem?
> 3) There are some square symbols in the language menu (French (Fran*sqare*aise))
>
> I used the latest x64 win build from Dalai. 40311
I hope it should be fine now -- i've updated font.

--
With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin