[Bf-committers] How & When could we support right-to-left languages?

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 23:51:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

While we are in the fun experiments department I built Blender with a
patched ar.po: http://blenderecia.orgfree.com/blender/tmp/arabic.jpg

patch:
http://blenderecia.orgfree.com/blender/tmp/arabic_flipped.patch
flipping script:
http://blenderecia.orgfree.com/blender/scripts/flip_po.py

And by flipping I mean to reverse the text order, not to mirror it
horizontally.

I wonder how readable that is :)
--
Dalai

PS.: in garlic RNA_types_init_gettext is being called only by blenderplayer
and the function doesn't exist (we have only the header in RNA_access.h).
Can that be completely removed? Otherwise it doesn't build blenderplayer.