[Bf-committers] Proposal: to remove the TexFace options

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:44:04 CEST 2011

A quick update,

I think the conversion of multitexture files is 100% [*] and tomorrow I will
double check GLSL files (yo frankie specially).
YF may be complicated because everything is linked libs and I'm not
converting them automatically.

As per Ton suggestion, I renamed "Two-Sided" to "Back Culling" and now it
works reversed. Also Back Culling off (i.e. twosided on) is the default now.

I'll put new builds online tomorrow (osx, linux, win). If you have any file
that behaves erradic please get in touch. I either fix the problem or expand
the documentation explanation what's going on :)

Cheers,
Dalai
(commit eta ... soon?)

[*] - I used this file to test multitexture problems. There are a lot of
corners cases in the backward compat. and I'm doing my best to address them
all - http://diegorangel.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/jogo-da-coleta-2/ - This
file is not extremely complex, but complex enough I would say. It works
after I run the script in the Help Menu (for the parameters that can't be
converted at readfile:doversion time).

[Note: Sintel files (and Blenderella ;) are opening with no problems nor
annoying popups. So "Blender users" (aka non bge) will likely not notice any
difference]