[Bf-committers] Blender developers IRC meeting notes, 11 september 2011
ton at blender.org
Sun Sep 11 17:54:44 CEST 2011
Here's a summary of today's topics:
1) Next release
- BCon schedule and targets:
- What's status of TexFace properties migration? Dalai Felinto knows!
- UI translation branch; in progress, Sergey Sharybin thinks it can
make it this week. Some features are a regression compared to 2.4
though (needs restart, no 'only tooltips'). The specifications need to
be confirmed. Sergey checks with Brecht van Lommel if there's a
solution to use RNA for translation directly.
- Weight Paint GSoC branch: the functionality review was very
positive. Campbell Barton offers to check the code, Sergey helps.
Thomas can help with UI script if needed.
Agreed is this only gets in trunk if non-intrusive and compatible.
Otherwise it better moves to next release.
- Reminder for people working on UI:
- Branch merger of "recast & detour" went unlucky... after merger
developer had to leave, leaving trunk unusable. Meeting agrees &
confirms that anyone who does bigger commits should stay around for as
long is needed to help fixing the immediate issues.
- Ocean sim: Matt Ebb committed fixes, code needs to be uploaded for
final review. Should be in our tracker by now? Review can now
progress, target set for 2.61. Need to find reviewers too!
2) other projects
- Nurbs Branch: Emmanuel Stone is back to help with it too. Needs to
set it going, Sergey is available for it too!
- Bug Tracker work: everyone with a projects.blender.org account can
help reviewing bugs. It's a lot of work to do the initial "triaging".
Several volunteers popped up to review new incoming reports to help
making it clear cases for a coder to tackle.
- BMesh: progress goes well, Campbell hopes to find more time for it.
Ender added to team as bf-project member for BMesh commit access.
- Cycles: Brecht focuses on UI/integration issues, also with 2.61
Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org www.blender.org
Blender Institute Entrepotdok 57A 1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers