[Bf-committers] Fixed garlic's setenv problem on windows

xiangquan xiao xiaoxiangquan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 07:38:44 CEST 2011

Just use gettext_putenv() instead of BLI_setenv().
Now running blender.exe could change languages freely.

But it's strange I got errors below on linux when opening the User
Preference:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  11 (X_GLXSwapBuffers)
  Serial number of failed request:  5414

Maybe it's just my system's fault I think.

About the instant-update of language, we have discussed on IRC. We thought
the existing notifier cannot change language instantly because the string
pointers should change. e.g.
The old _("good") points to "好", while the new _("good") points to "Bonne"

So we think it OK to force users to restart, as language switch will happen
rarely.