[Bf-committers] New to blender development

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 00:30:18 CEST 2011

@Ahmad,

I'd recommend dropping into into #blendercoders, for more specific
questions about blenders code, possible projects, or if you have any
troubles building.

@Knapp.
The background image controls always seemed cumbersome to me (no nice
way to transform or put in-front of anything).

Did you try Empty-Image display feature?

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/changelog_258#Empty_Images_Display:

IMHO background images are a bit of a dead-end, we can have
loc-scale-rot, front/back, flip-x/y but I don't think this gives a
really good user experience since really you just want to be able to
click and drag the image around too IMHO - which is what
empty-image-display allows.

Heres a more details about background display issues as I see it:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-201290.html

>>> http://code.google.com/p/perspectiveproject/
>>

> --
> Douglas E Knapp
>
> Creative Commons Film Group, Helping people make open source movies
> with open source software!
> http://douglas.bespin.org/CommonsFilmGroup/phpBB3/index.php
>
> Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
> http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm
> Please link to me and trade links with me!
>
> Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.
> http://sf-journey-creations.wikispot.org/Front_Page
> http://code.google.com/p/perspectiveproject/

- Campbell