[Bf-committers] New to blender development

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 19:13:38 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Ahmad Luqman <ahmad.luqman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will like to contribute some of my time to doing development for blender.
> I have some experience with C, C++, OpenGL and entry level experience with
> DirectX. I had worked with one of the leading engineering CAD/CAM based
> company (closed source) for a few years (5-6 years) though that experience
> was mostly with the engineering business logic end and lesser with low end
> graphics.
>
> I have downloaded, built and started looking into blender's code base and
> also started taking tutorials from
> http://cgcookie.com/blender/get-started-with-blender/. I have a full time
> job so I can give 15-20 hours to this every week. *If anyone  is interested
> in using some of my time, please let me know*, so that I can learn about the
> internals along with helping. Otherwise I will try to pick an area for
> myself.
>
> PS: I have a i7 based system with Nvidia 550GTX Ti graphic card running
> Windows 7 x64 and building blender through MSVC + CMake for x64 platform.
>
> Cheers,
> Ahmad Luqman

I have a project as a user that I want to see done that I think should
be easy to do. I would like to be able to have the background image
made so I can put it on top of the mesh as well as the way it
currently is (under the mesh). It is just a z-stack shuffle so I bet
it would be easy and get you into the code.

If you need any help or pointers learning blender please ask me. I,
"work", here as a helper mostly for beginners learning to make art
with blender. I also have a 18 min vid that is a good intro overview
of blender but you might already be past that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSnbXpGWB4Q

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!