[Bf-committers] New to blender development

Ahmad Luqman ahmad.luqman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 16:07:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

I will like to contribute some of my time to doing development for blender.
I have some experience with C, C++, OpenGL and entry level experience with
DirectX. I had worked with one of the leading engineering CAD/CAM based
company (closed source) for a few years (5-6 years) though that experience
was mostly with the engineering business logic end and lesser with low end
graphics.

I have downloaded, built and started looking into blender's code base and
also started taking tutorials from
http://cgcookie.com/blender/get-started-with-blender/. I have a full time
job so I can give 15-20 hours to this every week. *If anyone  is interested
in using some of my time, please let me know*, so that I can learn about the
internals along with helping. Otherwise I will try to pick an area for
myself.

PS: I have a i7 based system with Nvidia 550GTX Ti graphic card running
Windows 7 x64 and building blender through MSVC + CMake for x64 platform.

Cheers,
Ahmad Luqman