[Bf-committers] Garlic issues before merging

xiangquan xiao xiaoxiangquan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:26:02 CEST 2011

1. Cannot set LANG in the environment variable properly. Before running
blender.exe users should execute a command like:
set LANG=zh_CN
This situation has been described in Gettext
FAQ<http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/FAQ.html#windows_setenv>.
But nothing change though I followed the suggested steps.

2. To reply the meeting notes, I didn't test the Win64 build. But my Win64
runs a Win32 build well.

3. According to Ton, we may remove the environment variable related
operations. That's absolutely better, and the issue-1 will disappear.

4. Users cannot select font from the system. so anther font selection button
can be added after the language selection button.

5. In wm_init_exit.c, The call to WM_read_homefile() has been splited as
WM_read_homefile() and WM_read_homefile_proc(), between which we call
BLF_lang_set() to init language setting.

Because we should read the user preference file to init language setting,
which  WM_read_homefile_proc has some operations that need the language
setting has been initialed.

But today I heard from Ton that we have system-wide refresh all notifier for
these cases. So this design can be abandoned.

=========

I‘ll be always on line at night, at least 14:00-17:00 UTC.