[Bf-committers] FFmpeg update instructions

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 13:50:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

Yes, it's totally ok. Actually, it's what i wanted to add just you was
first :)

And i suppose there should be something the same for redhat-based
distros like fedora or altlinux. But i'm not actually familiar with this
distors so can't actually suggest anything for them.

Bastien Montagne wrote:
> Hi Serguey,
>
> I added (the start of) a section about repositories featuring ffmpeg
> packages of the right version. For now, there’s just
> debian-multimedia.org, which has 0.8.2 for oldstable, stable, testing
> and unstable! But I’m sure there are other repos for other distros as
> well ;)
>
> Hope it’s OK with you…
>
> Cheers,
> Bastien.
>
> Le 02 Sep 2011 20:29:28 +0600,  "Sergey I. Sharybin"
> <g.ulairi at gmail.com>  a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've tried to write a short HOWTO about updating FFmpeg on linux
>> platform to be able to compile Blender easily with new proxies stuff.
>>
>> Here's link to this doc:
>> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/FFmpegUpdate
>>
>> I'm almost sure additional changes are needed, but it should be useful
>> already. Feel free to contact me about things i've forgot to mention
>> there or if you're commiter feel free to update this page.

With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin