[Bf-committers] Problem with mp4 file in sequencer

Ejner Fergo ejnersan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 11:10:23 CEST 2011

Hola,

I'm having problems with certain mp4 files, specifically ones from the
Samsung Galaxy S II phone, in the sequence editor. The files play
normally in media-players and with ffplay.

The length of the video is abnormally long, and with most files over
the 300.000 frame limit. In the small test-file I link to below it is
over 160.000 frames on the timeline!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11299813/SGS2.mp4 (7.8 MB)

This happens on both ffmpeg 0.7.3 (32bit Gentoo) and ffmpeg 0.8.2
(64bit Ubuntu). It seems it only happens with mp4 files recorded with
the phone, since the few random mp4 files I downloaded from the net
works ok in the Blender sequencer (except the difference between sound
and video, but well..). What is so wrong about my video files??

Thanks for any investigation on this.

Best regards,
Ejner