[Bf-committers] Multitouch Trackpads on OS X

Jens Verwiebe info at jensverwiebe.de
Mon Oct 31 13:16:23 CET 2011

Atm iám working on a solution.

Zoomgesture is a bit too sensible, right.

+ i must find a way to distinguish magic mouse pan and trackpad pan due 1 finger moving on mm trackpadarea
is doing pan ( same as 2 finger pan on trackpad ).

In trunk for testing atm: all gestures are handled as expected also when having a trackpad
on non-books ( magic trackpad @ MacPro for example ).

Need a bit time for this for ám working also on utf8 fix.

Jens

Am 31.10.2011 um 12:43 schrieb François T.:

> in addition to that, in many space as in compositor, the trackpad does not
> zoom to the mouse position (when this is turn on in pref). which is a bit
> annoying to be honest. and the sensitivity is really high (again mostly in
> compositor since its what I use, but maybe in other places)
> After all its been a while since I re-build so maybe this as been fixed
>
> 2011/10/31 Mats Holmberg <mats.holmberg at 2me.fi>
>
>> I would like to see this improved a bit too. As it is now, it's really
>> difficult to pan without accidentally zooming (or the other way around).
>>
>> But if you'd use three finger pan, would then the rotation be OPTION +
>> three fingers? That suddenly feels a bit awkward, but maybe it could work.
>>
>> -mats
>>
>> Mats Holmberg, ArtFlow
>> 3D-Animation / 3D-Graphics / Airbrush Art & Supplies
>>
>> mobile +358 (0) 40 1920382
>> email mats.holmberg at artflow.fi
>>
>> www.artflow.fi
>> www.maalinetti.com
>>
>> On 31.10.2011, at 2.03, Jonathan Williamson <shadowdragon1 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there, in particular Jens (I believe you are the main OS X guy?),
>>>
>>> In order to improve the usage of multitouch trackpads on newer MacBooks
>> would it be possible to modify the current behavior to be:
>>> Two fingers to zoom, would be consistent with scrolling in other apps
>>> Three fingers to pan
>>>
>>> Currently the inertia scroll for zooming and pinch to zoom are more
>> difficult to use and cause lots of unintended navigation.
>>>

>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jonathan Williamson
>>> Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)