[Bf-committers] New to coding, fan of blender, want to help

Joshua Roberts jrtroberts at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 00:26:07 CEST 2011

Hello all,

My name is Joshua Roberts. I like to use the handle egoproctor. I am a
student at Southern Polytechnic State University in Marietta GA. I am
a Computer Game Design and Development major and I would like to
better understand 3D modeling from the inside out. Therefore, I want
to be a part of the Blender development process.
I actually start my game design major next term. Currently I am a
Computer Science major. I am familiar with Java and C++. I am a decent
coder, but I need more experience to become a great coder. I hope I
can get that here. I would like to be considered for some projects,
something to get my feet wet. If I need to start with python scripting
I will, if I can jump right into some easier C++ I will do that too.

I am not familiar with the rules of a project like this, so I will
pick them up as I go unless there is a big red book of dos and don'ts
I should read.

I am very excited to be a part of this project and I hope I can make
some good contributions.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Joshua Roberts