[Bf-committers] UI changes from cycles branch

Colby Klein shakesoda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 22:58:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

Overall I like the changes a lot, just a few thoughts:
- I fully agree with Matt on the icons.
- The corner handles are _very_ close to invisible for me. If I didn't already know their purpose and locations I would most likely not notice them for quite some time or disregard them as unimportant visual details.
- I strongly prefer the drop menu arrows in a light color, black on dark grey just strains my eyes and I believe it benefits general usability for this to be made clear.
- The 3d view panel toggles could use a lighter plus, see previous point..

Generally speaking, I feel dark-on-dark colors for various UI elements just makes them harder to pick out quickly when working, and there is a lot of that exact thing being proposed. I am by no means the only one around with either imperfect vision or a monitor which doesn't display these things well (in my case, the latter).

-- Colby