[Bf-committers] Bicubic filtering for bump maps, patch + discussion

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Oct 27 16:39:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

Using the red channel only would not be compatible with existing
files, so I'd prefer not to do that. Uploading a single channel image
seems like the best solution, this could be done by adding a second
GPUTexture pointer to the Image struct, and in the
GPU_texture_from_blender call in GPU_pass_bind pass on that this needs
to be a single channel texture.

Regarding the #version check being added at the top of the file, I'd
prefer it this was done in GPU_generate_pass, because
GPU_shader_create is supposed to be more generic and could be used for
other non-material glsl shaders too in the future.

Brecht.