[Bf-committers] Arabic support in text editing

Majid AL-Dharrab majid at aldharrab.com
Wed Oct 26 19:17:17 CEST 2011

@Sergey Kurdakov
AFAICR, harfbuzz doesn't have any dependencies except for freetype2, of
course. Fribidi doesn't require any dependencies either. Besides, pango's
shaper is a little bit inferior to harfbuzz.

@Yousef Hurfoush
Harfbuzz can do all of this on its own (with freetype2). I think Greg just
found it easier to use fribidi's function instead. Fribidi's part in this is
the easiest anyway, so recoding it for blender won't be too much of a
hassle. Although, I'm curious to see what other possible solutions you can
come up with.

Regards,
Majid