[Bf-committers] UI changes from cycles branch

Sanne sanne at lavabit.com
Mon Oct 24 13:05:28 CEST 2011

On Monday 24 October 2011, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> Here's a patch with a subset of the UI changes in the cycles branch
> that I'd like to merge into trunk. Are there any objections to this?

As a user, if I may:

I liked your UI changes in the Cycles branch from the start, so I would be
delighted if your proposed list goes into trunk. I like it so much because,
for me, every single change reduces visual clutter and makes working with it
much easier and more enjoyable.

Too much visual contrast distracts me, especially embossed styles, and your
changes help alot. It is also just a bit narrower than the default, not so
much as to feel cramped, but just right, and it reduces scrolling. Every
little bit helps.

I don't have an opinion on the font though, because I use my own custom font
with aa off anyway.

Thanks,
Sanne