[Bf-committers] Alignment blenderplayer

Julian Adenauer julian.adenauer at zmms.tu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 24 13:03:33 CEST 2011

Hi developers,

I have a question concerning the alignment of the view in blenderplayer:
Currently, when I export a game engine runtime, the rendered game (in my
case it is defined to be square) is in the center of the screen (in
fullscreen mode, see "is.png" in attachment). What I need is the image
to be aligned to be on the left side (compare "should.png").
Since I am not really familiar with the blender sourcecode, it would be
great if someone could point me to where I can modify this behaviour.

The reason for why I want this is that I am working on integrating
blender with our 5-sided cave environment which consists of 2.5m x 2.5m
screens (thus the square image).

If you want more details:
I recently dicovered the BlenderCAVE project
(http://www.gmrv.es/~jgascon/BlenderCave/) which uses blenderplayer
runtime and seems to be a quite good possibility to combine our CAVE
system with Blender.
The problem is that our projection screens are quadratic which means
that only 1024x1024px of the 1280x1024px are actually displayed. This
results in a wrong alignment between the screens.
Rendering the image quadratic would fix this problem, but blenderplayer
centers this image in fullscreen mode. Since our projectors are aligned
to the left of the screen, this results in having a black bar on the
left side (in the corner of the CAVE).

Thank you!

Julian

--