[Bf-committers] UI changes from cycles branch

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Mon Oct 24 11:13:28 CEST 2011

Am 24.10.2011 01:21, schrieb Brecht Van Lommel:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's a patch with a subset of the UI changes in the cycles branch
> that I'd like to merge into trunk. Are there any objections to this?
> I don't think they would need any documentation updates, it's just
> small things that wouldn't confuse anyone in screenshot:
> * Remove emboss on areas and regions
 > * Remove button emboss

Hm. I am not sure here. Somehow the emboss gives a optical hint that
there is something new starting.

> * More subtle colors and gradients on buttons
> * Black arrows on menu button

I think the arrows are much to dark. It was and is always hard to print
a Blender screen but this way I think it will be nearly impossible to
see the arrows anymore. Also there is not much visual hint how that this
is a menu-button and not a normal one.

> * Panel header changed look&  smaller

Thats nice. I think together with the removal of emboss it looks nice,
but see first point.

> * Screen splitting widgets look

Too dark too.

> * Toolbar/properties expand button look

Yea, the original ones are a bit big.

Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/