[Bf-committers] UI changes from cycles branch

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Oct 24 01:21:22 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Here's a patch with a subset of the UI changes in the cycles branch
that I'd like to merge into trunk. Are there any objections to this?

Before: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=19452
After: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=19453
Patch: http://www.pasteall.org/25777/diff

I don't think they would need any documentation updates, it's just
small things that wouldn't confuse anyone in screenshot:
* Remove emboss on areas and regions
* Remove button emboss
* More subtle colors and gradients on buttons
* Black arrows on menu button
* Panel header changed look & smaller
* Screen splitting widgets look
* Toolbar/properties expand button look

Not included:
* Droid sans font, was not received very well for the few days it was in trunk
* Contrast reduction on icons
* Auto hide scrollers (later, is unfinished)

I'd still like to change the font in trunk, but it seems hard to get
an agreement on this. Some tests:

Lucida Grade (mac ui font, non-free):
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=19454
Ubuntu font: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=19457