[Bf-committers] 2.60 OSX

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at 2me.fi
Thu Oct 20 07:18:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

It's dodgy still. It's best to try different setting and see what works best (or least bad, that is).

On my Mac Pro, at best, Blender smoke sim utilizes 6-7 % of my cpu. That's with 16 threads (8 real, 8 virtual cores). Fluids are the same.

I don't see any change, no matter what I put in the set_simulation_threads app. In fact, for some reason even setting the environment variable OMP_NUM_THREADS doesn't seem to work anymore.

I still use my dual core Macbook Pro for all sims, it's about ten times faster than my 8-core desktop machine!

Cheers,
-mats