[Bf-committers] what is the license of Blender GLSL shaders?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Oct 15 18:55:28 CEST 2011

Hi Skoti,

That's an interesting viewpoint as well. What I read in the GNU FAQ
would mean:

Even when we conclude that shader exports from Blender are GPL itself,
for as long they're not used too link against a program, you can
freely use them. It becomes like 'data' that way.

AFAIK you can also freely bundle gpl-ed components with non-gpl, for
as long they're not acting as one single program.

This might be the most elegant solution; I should seek advise from FSF
on it though :) Googling for the issue doesn't give replies sofar...
it even shows this thread on the first page!

-Ton-