[Bf-committers] Forming a team for Video Editor

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Oct 12 13:48:49 CEST 2011

Hi Fabio,

Apart from the mentioned other OS video editors, here's more;

http://ekd.tuxfamily.org/index.php/Accueil/AccueilEnglish
http://www.openmovieeditor.org/  (stalled)
http://lives.sf.net.

I understand coder's incentives well; the best code is always your own
code! Everyone should write a ray-tracer once, and it seems video
editors are close in the same category :)

Nevertheless; at this moment it's much more wise to join forces than
to further seggregate. The OS community could really use a flagship
industry-level video editor.

(And even though Blender rocks, our video editor is by definition
limited... and meant mostly to have an integrated pipeline to edit
your render work).

-Ton-