[Bf-committers] Blender developer IRC meeting, October 9 2011

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:14:54 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's the notes from today's meeting:
>
> 1) Blender 2.60 release
>
> - The "Navmesh" commit was using a fake modifier for 3d window
> drawing. Campbell made a fix to not need this anymore: http://codereview.appspot.com/5241048
> Review by Brecht/Sergey was OK. Campbell: please add monday latest.
> Sergey can help testing.

Committed, also added some operators to remove/reset navmesh data.

> - Brecht has completed the Change Log very well already:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/changelog_260
> But add your work there if it's missing. We also need developer credit
> list!
>
> - Regression files from 2.57 are still valid to check:
> http://download.blender.org/demo/test/test257.zip
> Or from svn:
> https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/tests
>
> Files should be checked well... there are some old .blends that only
> work partial.
>
> - Question for Campbell: do you still have autotest for import/export
> features?

Yep, still running import/export tests, added tests for PLY and STL
export today as well - which was lucky since it exposed some bugs in
blender no users found :-)

> - Release Candidate test for OSX users: please check it well! (gcc 4.6
> OMP fix)
>
> - Nathan Letwory helped moving the i8n from Google code to
> projects.blender.org, bf-translations.
>   The .po files will get linked to bf-blender svn, similar to bf-
> extensions
>
> - We wait for tuesday to define a final "Release Ahoy" date... but if
> no showstoppers are found it could be thursday!

Been keeping an eye on the tracker and think these should be fixed
before release (2 regressions and one obvious error in logic)
#28047, #28823, #28857

> - Ethan Luo mentioned todo item: User Preferences option to choose/set
> different font (file). Required for Nepalese.
>
> - Release todo: check names in wiki and tracker, to use 2.6x instead
> of 2.5x.
>
> 2) Other projects
>
> - Still reviewers needed for branch merger candidates 2.61!
>   http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects
>
>   (And add your branches there if they are ready)
>
> - Target for 2.61: longer ID names, bones/vgroups names, file paths
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ton-

- Campbell