[Bf-committers] Blender developer IRC meeting, October 9 2011

Nathan Letwory nathan at letworyinteractive.com
Sun Oct 9 19:16:29 CEST 2011

On 9.10.2011 18:55, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's the notes from today's meeting:
>
> 1) Blender 2.60 release
> - Nathan Letwory helped moving the i8n from Google code to
> projects.blender.org, bf-translations.
>    The .po files will get linked to bf-blender svn, similar to bf-
> extensions

For bf-translation integration we propose:

* blender/po be made into external module pointing to
bf-translations/trunk/po
* blender/release/bin/.blender/locale be made into external module
pointing to bf-translations/trunk/locale

The structure for those modules will further stay the same.

On release of bf-blender the same tagging mechanism for external modules
will be used as currently done with bf-extensions. So tagged versions
will always point to their correct tagged translations.

There are still some things we need to sort out:

 * .po files on code.google.com differ from what is in blender trunk
(6.5k vs 9k items). There have been fixes and punctuation changes in
bf-blender trunk too.

 * what translations to add in release. Only Chinese and Japanese are
over 80% completed in translation, possibly Spanish.

Perhaps it makes sense to move to external modules mechanism *after*
release, and for now update the .mo files where sensible.

If someone has more info to add to this, please reply and let Ethan Luo
know about how the current situation in bf-blender trunk is regarding
.po and .mo files.

/Nathan

- --
Nathan Letwory