[Bf-committers] Blender developer IRC meeting, October 9 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 9 17:55:56 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Here's the notes from today's meeting:

1) Blender 2.60 release

- The "Navmesh" commit was using a fake modifier for 3d window
drawing. Campbell made a fix to not need this anymore: http://codereview.appspot.com/5241048
Review by Brecht/Sergey was OK. Campbell: please add monday latest.
Sergey can help testing.

- Brecht has completed the Change Log very well already:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/changelog_260
But add your work there if it's missing. We also need developer credit
list!

- Regression files from 2.57 are still valid to check:
http://download.blender.org/demo/test/test257.zip
Or from svn:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/tests

Files should be checked well... there are some old .blends that only
work partial.

- Question for Campbell: do you still have autotest for import/export
features?

- Release Candidate test for OSX users: please check it well! (gcc 4.6
OMP fix)

- Nathan Letwory helped moving the i8n from Google code to
projects.blender.org, bf-translations.
   The .po files will get linked to bf-blender svn, similar to bf-
extensions

- We wait for tuesday to define a final "Release Ahoy" date... but if
no showstoppers are found it could be thursday!

- Ethan Luo mentioned todo item: User Preferences option to choose/set
different font (file). Required for Nepalese.

- Release todo: check names in wiki and tracker, to use 2.6x instead
of 2.5x.

2) Other projects

- Still reviewers needed for branch merger candidates 2.61!
   http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

   (And add your branches there if they are ready)

- Target for 2.61: longer ID names, bones/vgroups names, file paths

Thanks,

-Ton-